Giving a negative result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because these women initially are seronegative, serologic screening tests for HSV do not accurately detect those at highest risk.
- At the time of the third survey in November 1984 all children under the age of 5 years who were seronegative for hepatitis B virus infection were vaccinated.
- This approach requires that seronegative people are tested by these methods.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- First, an incident must be reported, and second, the worker's baseline seronegativity and subsequent seroconversion must be documented.
- These findings were comparable with the study from South Africa which showed a seronegativity of 20 per cent for measles among fully immunized population, 72 per cent for mumps and 66 per cent for rubella.
- On the other hand, seronegativity implies that there is susceptibility to the infection.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sero|nega¦tive
Definición de seronegative en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda