Definición de serotype en inglés:
A serologically distinguishable strain of a microorganism.
- Each vaccine contains 23 purified pneumococcal capsular polysaccharides of S. pneumoniae serotypes.
- Among the 102 non pregnant women in the present study, multiple serotypes were detected in 21.6 per cent.
- The serotypes were identified according to the chart provided by the manufacturers along with the kit.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Assign (a microorganism) to a particular serotype: most investigators have made no attempt to serotype the ureaplasmas isolated
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The STEC isolates were serotyped at the E. coli Reference Center (Pennsylvania State University, University Park).
- Of the 143 patients with acute otitis media due to S. pneumoniae, 141 isolates were serotyped and 140 confirmed.
- However, when multiple GBS colonies were picked and serotyped, this concordance decreased to 80 per cent.
- Example sentences
- Immune sera from some Cambodian refugees contain functional serotypic antibodies that inhibit invasion of erythrocytes by the Camp strain but not by the FCR-3 strain of Plasmodium falciparum.
- In this electropherotype group also the majority of serotypically mixed samples, particularly in 12 (86%) of 14 samples were found.
Definición de serotype en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia