1The state of being a slave or completely subject to someone more powerful: you’ve got thousands of years of peasant servitude to make up for
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her status as slave condemns her to a life of servitude, with little or no control over her future.
- A freed slave could be returned to servitude for helping a slave escape or for striking a white.
- Many of the slaves are seen as passive, enjoying their servitude with a crude, animalistic joy.
2 Law , archaic The subjection of property to an easement.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Land includes buildings and other structures, land covered with water, and any estate, interest, easement, servitude in or over land.
- Baronial jurisdiction was abolished, as was personal servitude, but dues and services attached to land tenure remained unless they were redeemed.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ser¦vi|tude
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda