- 1A reversal or check in progress: a serious setback for the peace processMás ejemplos en oraciones
problem, difficulty, issue, hitch, complication, upset, disappointment, misfortune, mishap, piece of bad luck, unfortunate development, reversal, reverse, reverse of fortune; blow, body blow, knock; stumbling block, hindrance, impediment, obstruction; delay, hold-up, check• archaic foil
- However, it is a fact of life that there is no progress without a few setbacks.
- Unfortunately, the amount of work that she was being forced to do was a huge setback to their progress.
- As the process moves forward, there will no doubt be frustrating delays and difficult setbacks.
- 2 Architecture A plain, flat offset in a wall.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We do not need windows in walls facing small setbacks to gain light and ventilation.
- The article described the fashionable exterior skin and angling setbacks.
- Leave the lip in place because it seems that even a three-course wall looks nicer with the setback.
- 3North American The distance by which a building or part of a building is set back from the property line: [as modifier]: they had to get permission to overlap the city’s setback linesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Remember to provide for a 10-foot setback from property lines and buildings.
- They should also be knowledgeable about local building codes, including property setbacks and variances.
- Except for the required setbacks, the building is the same size and shape as the site.