Definición de setter en inglés:
1A dog of a large long-haired breed trained to stand rigid when scenting game.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Upon seeing the approaching beauty, the setter perks up and stands at attention.
- As with any drop-eared dog, the setter's closed ear canal can harbor dirt, wax and bacteria.
- And like the purebred English pointers and setters he reared, Farrior inherited a love of the chase.
2 [usually in combination] A person or thing that sets something: the battle between wage-setters and policy-makers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The national record setter was Tressa-Ann Charles, whose recent high was attributed to a change of attitude and hard work.
- Mr Ashman, who has now turned into a professional question setter for radio quiz shows, said it was nice for England to bring home at least one trophy this year.
- Like Lang, Preminger and Tourneur, Carter is a master scene setter, whether that scene be downtown New York or boho Paris.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia