Definición de setter en inglés:
1A dog of a large long-haired breed trained to stand rigid when scenting game.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Upon seeing the approaching beauty, the setter perks up and stands at attention.
- As with any drop-eared dog, the setter's closed ear canal can harbor dirt, wax and bacteria.
- And like the purebred English pointers and setters he reared, Farrior inherited a love of the chase.
2 [usually in combination] A person or thing that sets something: the battle between wage-setters and policy-makers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The national record setter was Tressa-Ann Charles, whose recent high was attributed to a change of attitude and hard work.
- Mr Ashman, who has now turned into a professional question setter for radio quiz shows, said it was nice for England to bring home at least one trophy this year.
- Like Lang, Preminger and Tourneur, Carter is a master scene setter, whether that scene be downtown New York or boho Paris.
Palabras que riman con setterabetter, begetter, better, bettor, biretta, bruschetta, carburettor (US carburetor), debtor, feta, fetter, forgetter, getter, go-getter, Greta, Henrietta, letter, Loretta, mantelletta, operetta, petter, Quetta, sinfonietta, sweater, upsetter, Valletta, vendetta, whetter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda