- 1A group of six people playing music or singing together: the Jazz Club presents a new sextetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although a number of composers have written concertos for it, it shines best in the orchestra, with many effective solos, and as a chamber-music instrument in wind quintets, sextets, and octets and other ensembles.
- (For example, a woodwind quintet might add a piano and become a sextet, or a string quartet might be reduced to a string trio.).
- At the same time, she continued to participate in chamber music, and founded a sextet in 1974.
- 1.1A composition for a sextet: the sextet from ‘The Marriage of Figaro’Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is composing a straight sextet for principals of the Seattle Symphony Orchestra, has premiered a ballet in Vienna and has been welcomed at Pierre Boulez's IRCAM, crucible of ascetic futurism.
- A sextet, the piece opens with the figures in silhouette, three stretched out on the floor and three standing - one behind the other at first, so the unfolding of a single totem into discrete, rushing bodies is astonishing and eerie.
- This latter duet culminates in Enrico's discovery of Anna's supposed infidelity, and the succeeding sextet rivals the parallel ensemble in Lucia di Lammermoor if nor for melody then for skill of construction.
mid 19th century: alteration of sestet, suggested by Latin sex 'six'.
Más definiciones de sextetDefinición de sextet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.