Definición de shadowland en inglés:
1A place in shadow.
- He also offers ‘Shadowland,’ presenting himself not as self-righteous doomsayer but as a mortal man wandering a hard place, ‘a heartbroken pilgrim in the shadowland.’
- But the only known Mandrake tree in existence is in the centre of the shadowlands.
1.1 (usually shadowlands) An indeterminate borderland between places or states, typically represented as an abode of ghosts and spirits: I could hear voices laughing in the shadowlands of my recall
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I called it the blue shadowlands,’ he recalls.
- It's the shadowland of sex and fame, the alternative world for those who can't act or can't wait.
- For then he would place obstacles in their path, conjuring up dragons of the mind or unleashing the bandits who haunted the unpatrolled shadowlands through which ran the trade route linking the Ganga to the peninsula's capitals.
Definición de shadowland en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan