A mechanism in which power is transmitted from an engine by means of a driveshaft, especially to the wheels of a vehicle or a boat’s propeller: diesel shaft drives [as modifier]: all shaft-drive bikes tend to jack up and down as the rider adjusts the throttle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1885 the Rover bicycle incorporated a chain or shaft drive to transmit the pedal power to the rear wheel.
- With the simple air-cooled engine and shaft drive this is a bike which should give years of service with minimal expense.
- Turning the pedals turned an eccentric cam just above the bottom bracket, which then turned a shaft drive that lead down to the rear wheel, where another cam converted this to rotational motion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The continuous rotation of the turbine activates a shaft-driven piston pump which sucks up water from the check dam to an overhead tank.
- Our solution, the shaft-driven lift-fan propulsion system, greatly amplifies lifting power without straining the engine or compromising up-and-away flight performance.
- A shaft-driven lift fan, in combination with a vectoring rear exhaust nozzle, gives this fighter the ability to take off in short distances, accelerate to supersonic speeds in level flight, and land vertically.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: shaft drive
Definición de shaft drive en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda