Definición de shagreen en inglés:
1Sharkskin used as a decorative material or, due to its natural rough surface of pointed scales, as an abrasive.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pseudopecten dentatus, however, is prosocline, more equilateral and flaring, and lacks shagreen or near-shagreen microornament.
- This field of shagreen is limited to a strip along the dorsal lip of the prearticular and the denticulated texture of the dorsal surface does not grade in from the mesial surface as in other Late Devonian tetrapods.
- The shagreen patch, a thickened orange-peel-textured area of connective tissue hamartoma, is most often found on the mid to lower back.
2A kind of untanned leather with a rough granulated surface.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The knife, fork, and spoon were usually housed in a leather or shagreen case, although sometimes a more exotic material such as silver filigree was used.
- Cooper felt shagreen possessed ‘some of the qualities of both M of P [mother-of-pearl] & leather.
- The endangered Magazine Mountain shagreen is restricted to a single population found on the talus slopes of Magazine Mountain in the Ozark National Forest of Arkansas.
late 17th century: variant of chagrin in the literal sense 'rough skin'.
Palabras que riman con shagreenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definición de shagreen en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán