- A hot, dry north-westerly wind blowing across the Persian Gulf in summer, typically causing sandstorms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the midwinter and early summer, the shamal - a north wind carrying sand and dust - blows fiercely.
- A shamal had formed in the Tigris-Euphrates river valley in southern Iraq and was moving south.
- My scenario wasn't sorcery, but the work of weather tables (avoid the shamals), as well as a logistics estimate on the time required to field an overwhelming U.S. combat force.
late 17th century: from Arabic šamāl 'north (wind)'.
Más definiciones de shamalDefinición de shamal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.