- A culture in which conformity of behaviour is maintained through the individual’s fear of being shamed: a shame culture, such as existed in Homeric times, puts high emphasis on preserving honour and on not being publicly disgraced Compare with guilt culture.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, I'm wondering whether the ‘hot-blooded’ tag can be aligned with a shame culture, regardless of the ethnic origin.
- He hangs this lazy column on the spirit of the season, but the spirit of this column is entirely that of the liberal shame culture.
- In the honor / shame culture of the Arab world, it will be much harder now to pass him off as the mighty warrior.
Más definiciones de shame cultureDefinición de shame culture en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.