Definición de shamefaced en inglés:
Feeling or expressing shame or embarrassment: all the boys looked shamefaced
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet this is not a film that apologises, like a shamefaced school boy, for its country's past.
- Despite the shamefaced grins that characterised the victims' interviews, there was no mistaking their anger.
- The 600 guests went home, but she returned, slightly shamefaced, and landed herself a movie deal.
ashamed, abashed, sheepish, guilty, conscience-stricken, guilt-ridden, contrite, sorry, remorseful, repentant, penitent, hangdog, regretful, rueful, apologetic;
in sackcloth and ashes
informal with one's tail between one's legs
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This space may be called, a bit shamefacedly, the ‘mud room,’ perhaps to explain why a portion of it is devoted to sticks the dogs brought home.
- I politely refused at first, but after their urgings I finally shamefacedly admitted that I could only eat food cooked with bottled water.
- Slowly, perhaps shamefacedly, but ever-so-reluctantly, the rich countries have heeded the message.
Pronunciación: /ʃeɪmˈfeɪstli/ /ʃeɪmˈfeɪsɪdli/adverbio
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'modest, shy'): alteration of archaic shamefast, by association with face.
Palabras que riman con shamefacedbarefaced, baste, boldfaced, chaste, haste, lambaste, paste, po-faced, red-faced, self-faced, smooth-faced, strait-laced, taste, unplaced, untraced, waist, waste
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda