- Worthy of or causing shame or disgrace: a shameful accusationMás ejemplos en oraciones
disgraceful, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, dishonourable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, infamous, unprincipled, shocking, scandalous, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, disgusting, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, bad, wicked, immoral, nefarious, indefensible, inexcusable, unforgivable• informal low-down, hatefulembarrassing, mortifying, shaming, humiliating, degrading, ignominious• informal blush-making
- To be weak and shameful is a disgrace severe enough to be punishable by death according to my standards.
- The history of racism in accusations and punishments for rape is sordid and shameful.
- Susan felt bad that she had hurt Jason but she quickly held back shameful tears so she could speak.
- [as submodifier]: record companies are shamefully slow in fulfilling ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time, he thought that the neglect of all manner of various typographic opportunities, long since exploited by Sterne and now shamefully ignored, was another enemy of the truth.
- In the past, they have shamefully covered up for it.
- Alas, for a concert of this extraordinary quality in every detail, the Kennedy Center's Concert Hall was shamefully empty.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their dedication to compromise is impressive… to the point of shamefulness.
- Hopefully, the shamefulness of the result will ensure the Parliamentary benches are purged for the election to follow.
- In 1990, the U.S. government acknowledged the shamefulness of this policy, formally apologized to Japanese Americans for implementing it, and paid token reparations of $20,000 to each Japanese American who had been interned.