Definición de shameful en inglés:
Worthy of or causing shame or disgrace: a shameful accusation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To be weak and shameful is a disgrace severe enough to be punishable by death according to my standards.
- The history of racism in accusations and punishments for rape is sordid and shameful.
- Susan felt bad that she had hurt Jason but she quickly held back shameful tears so she could speak.
disgraceful, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, dishonourable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, infamous, unprincipled, shocking, scandalous, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, disgusting, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, bad, wicked, immoral, nefarious, indefensible, inexcusable, unforgivable
informal low-down, hateful
- [as submodifier]: record companies are shamefully slow in fulfilling ordersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time, he thought that the neglect of all manner of various typographic opportunities, long since exploited by Sterne and now shamefully ignored, was another enemy of the truth.
- In the past, they have shamefully covered up for it.
- Alas, for a concert of this extraordinary quality in every detail, the Kennedy Center's Concert Hall was shamefully empty.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Their dedication to compromise is impressive… to the point of shamefulness.
- Hopefully, the shamefulness of the result will ensure the Parliamentary benches are purged for the election to follow.
- In 1990, the U.S. government acknowledged the shamefulness of this policy, formally apologized to Japanese Americans for implementing it, and paid token reparations of $20,000 to each Japanese American who had been interned.
Pronunciación: /ˈʃeɪmfʊli/ /ˈʃeɪmf(ə)li/adverbio
Pronunciación: /ˈʃeɪmfʊlnəs/ /ˈʃeɪmf(ə)lnəs/sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda