sustantivoNorth American • informal
- A private detective.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chandler, to whom pulp fiction had come late in life, had written his first Marlowe novel, ‘The Big Sleep, ‘in 1939, followed by six more novels about the L.A. shamus.
- The criminals are more interesting than the stoic shamus.
- Switchblade in hand, Polanski advances on the cornered shamus, chastising Gittes for being a ‘nosy guy.’
1920s: of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de shamusDefinición de shamus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.