Definición de Shan en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Shans)
1A member of a people living mainly in northern Burma (Myanmar) and adjacent parts of southern China.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Shans migrated into Myanmar from China, to the north, many centuries ago, and settled in the valleys.
- A village settled by the Shans from Burma's Shan States in the early nineteenth century, Khun Yuam transformed itself into a small trading town.
- The Allies supported Burmese guerrillas (largely composed of Kachins, Karens, Shans, Chins, Lushais, and Palaungs), who were able to wreak havoc behind Japanese lines.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the Shan or their language.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Children who do attend schools run by the Burmese government are likely to learn in Burmese rather than the Shan language.
- It was in Shan state, a remote area that's on the periphery of government control, so they were very critical of the government and didn't feel like they were going to get in any trouble for speaking out.
- Two nights before we left Myanmar we had the privilege of staying in an army outfit in a jungle in Shan state; a great experience.
Palabras que riman con ShanAbadan, Abidjan, adhan, Amman, Antoine, Arne, Aswan, Avon, Azerbaijan, Baltistan, Baluchistan, Bantustan, barn, Bhutan, Dagestan, darn, dewan, Farne, guan, Hahn, Hanuman, Hindustan, Huascarán, Iban, Iran, Isfahan, Juan, Kazakhstan, khan, Koran, Kurdistan, Kurgan, Kyrgyzstan, macédoine, Mahon, maidan, Marne, Michoacán, Oman, Pakistan, pan, Pathan, Qumran, Rajasthan, Siân, Sichuan, skarn, soutane, Sudan, Tai'an, t'ai chi ch'uan, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Taklimakan, tarn, Tatarstan, Tehran, Tenochtitlán, Turkestan, Turkmenistan, tzigane, Uzbekistan, Vientiane, yarn, Yinchuan, yuan, Yucatán
Definición de Shan en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda