Definición de sharecropper en inglés:
sustantivochiefly North American
A tenant farmer who gives a part of each crop as rent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As southern cotton growers reduced production in return for federal payments, sharecroppers and tenant farmers were driven from the land.
- Many lose their land and must become tenant farmers, sharecroppers, or wage-laborers for the better-off peasants who can afford fertilizers and some machinery.
- This meant white farm owners were paid to let their land sit idle, often resulting in the eviction of sharecroppers and tenant farmers, a significant number of whom were African American.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Less than one-fifth of farmers lease or sharecrop the land they till.
- Blacks who owned small farms and also rented or sharecropped were often identified as renters or sharecroppers in the census.
- Agricultural land is owned individually or jointly, sharecropped, or rented, and the number of farmers and the amount of land under cultivation have declined consistently.
Pronunciación: /ˈʃɛːkrɒp/verbo (sharecrops, sharecropping, sharecropped)
Palabras que riman con sharecropperclodhopper
Definición de sharecropper en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India