sustantivochiefly North American
- A tenant farmer who gives a part of each crop as rent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As southern cotton growers reduced production in return for federal payments, sharecroppers and tenant farmers were driven from the land.
- Many lose their land and must become tenant farmers, sharecroppers, or wage-laborers for the better-off peasants who can afford fertilizers and some machinery.
- This meant white farm owners were paid to let their land sit idle, often resulting in the eviction of sharecroppers and tenant farmers, a significant number of whom were African American.
(sharecrops, sharecropping, sharecropped)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Less than one-fifth of farmers lease or sharecrop the land they till.
- Blacks who owned small farms and also rented or sharecropped were often identified as renters or sharecroppers in the census.
- Agricultural land is owned individually or jointly, sharecropped, or rented, and the number of farmers and the amount of land under cultivation have declined consistently.
Más definiciones de sharecropperDefinición de sharecropper en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.