- A piece of fabric worn by women over the shoulders or head or wrapped round a baby.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gypsy and ethnic references appear in a number of outfits including Spanish style poncho skirts, shawls and classic Native American dresses.
- And floor-mounted coat racks are a natural for cloaks, gowns, shawls and scarves.
- Knitwear includes shawls, scarves and berets with a selection of babywear also available.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the nineteenth century the shawl was found by many women to be a cheaper substitute for the cloak and even today older rural women might be shawled.
- But I see them as human and architectural elements in a landscape of devastation: shawled women and broken pillars, against early daylight, as with the Christ figure in Piero's Resurrection.
- Elsewhere, a determined woman, shawled and barefoot, stands at the prow of a ship.
early 17th century: from Urdu and Persian šāl, probably from Shāliāt, the name of a town in India.
Más definiciones de shawlDefinición de shawl en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.