A piece of fabric worn by women over the shoulders or head or wrapped round a baby.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gypsy and ethnic references appear in a number of outfits including Spanish style poncho skirts, shawls and classic Native American dresses.
- And floor-mounted coat racks are a natural for cloaks, gowns, shawls and scarves.
- Knitwear includes shawls, scarves and berets with a selection of babywear also available.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- During the nineteenth century the shawl was found by many women to be a cheaper substitute for the cloak and even today older rural women might be shawled.
- But I see them as human and architectural elements in a landscape of devastation: shawled women and broken pillars, against early daylight, as with the Christ figure in Piero's Resurrection.
- Elsewhere, a determined woman, shawled and barefoot, stands at the prow of a ship.
Palabras que riman con shawlall, appal (US appall), awl, Bacall, ball, bawl, befall, Bengal, brawl, call, caul, crawl, Donegal, drawl, drywall, enthral (US enthrall), fall, forestall, gall, Galle, Gaul, hall, haul, maul, miaul, miscall, Montreal, Naipaul, Nepal, orle, pall, Paul, pawl, Saul, schorl, scrawl, seawall, Senegal, small, sprawl, squall, stall, stonewall, tall, thrall, trawl, wall, waul, wherewithal, withal, yawl
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: shawl
Definición de shawl en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda