sustantivo (plural igual)
Any of a number of boldly marked edible game fishes which live in warm American waters.
- ● A black-and-silver-striped porgy of Atlantic coastal and brackish waters (Archosargus probatocephalus, family Sparidae). ● (California sheepshead) A black and red wrasse of Californian coastal waters (Semicossyphus pulcher, family Labridae).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The inshore division recognizes eight species: croaker, black drum, flounder, gafftop catfish, gar, redfish, sheepshead, and speckled trout.
- Samples of the dead birds including cormorants and gulls, fish like carp, gobies and sheepshead, and other wildlife were sent to the University of Guelph for testing, with results not expected until early next week, said Mathers.
- It includes whiting, sand trout, croaker, sheepshead, flounder, redfish and black drum.
Definición de sheepshead en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.