Definición de shell-shocked en inglés:
1Suffering from shell shock.
- The film is about a shell-shocked WWI veteran, who becomes obsessed with restoring the intricate mechanical Harrison clocks, regardless of the personal cost.
- He returned shell-shocked, eligible for a full pension.
- The term "shell shocked" became well known during the Vietnam War.
1.1Shocked or confused because of a sudden alarming experience: he told shell-shocked investors that the company needed still more money to survive the year
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each film was a devastating experience which left me almost shell-shocked.
- Stand-off Paul Cooke's conversion was astray, providing some relief for the shell-shocked Bulls.
- Jol looked shell-shocked, unsure whether to laugh or cry.
First World War: with reference to exposure to shellfire.
Definición de shell-shocked en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan