1Secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring: the chairman was accused of financial shenanigans
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These shenanigans were kept secret, and were only revealed after council appointed a judge to investigate.
- So you had these excesses of deception and shenanigans and cheating.
- The financial shenanigans will only add to their existing concerns.
1.1Silly or high-spirited behaviour; mischief.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Last month's conference in Dublin was accompanied by the kind of practical jokes and shenanigans that would disgrace a stag party.
- Which probably makes him the ideal person to hold forth on royal shenanigans: who better than a clown to discuss a joke?
- Back in the bar it was shenanigans as usual, noisy and a lot of fun goings-on.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: she¦nan|igans
Definición de shenanigans en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda