Definición de shindy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural shindies)informal
1A noisy disturbance or quarrel: there were plenty of gulls kicking up a shindy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now and then a jig competition would be held on the dock, to everyone's delight; and numerous parties and shindies and an occasional bout of fisticuffs added to the general merriment.
- Called to vote on a Parliamentary slate, the country has just voted acceptance, though 60% of the electorate remained away from the polls and three individuals were killed in election shindies.
- It is almost impossible to get judges there who will administer laws without bribery, and as every man goes armed with knife or revolver, there are plenty of shindies.
1.1A large, lively party.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was her seventeenth birthday and it was predicted that the party would be the shindy of 1944.
- We'd celebrate our new trading status with cheap rum and boozy shindy dancing and the pirates would engage in swashbuckling sword fights over who gets first Arrgghs!
Early 19th century: perhaps an alteration of shinty.
Palabras que riman con shindyCindy, Hindi, indie, Indy, Lindy, Rawalpindi, Sindhi, Sindy, windy
Definición de shindy en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda