verbo (shinnies, shinnying, shinnied)
North American term for shin. he loved to shinny up that tree
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She hadn't grown up on a horse ranch with four older brothers without learning a thing or two about hurdling fences, shinnying up trees and swinging out of barn lofts on old, fraying ropes.
- At least shinnying up the nearest tree wasn't likely to damage his clothing, and tree-climbing came easily to an Indiana farm boy, as long as he didn't have to climb too high.
- Sometimes you ran for the nearest tree and shinnied up it.
Palabras que riman con shinnyblini, cine, Finney, finny, Ginny, guinea, hinny, mini, Minnie, ninny, pinny, Pliny, skinny, spinney, tinny, whinny
(also shinny hockey)
sustantivo[mass noun] North American
An informal form of ice hockey played especially by children, on the street or on ice, often with a ball or other object in place of a puck.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You went down to a local pond, and you jumped into a game of shinny hockey and all five guys or six guys chased around the puck.
- We are looking for boys and girls of all ages from across the Southeast interested in playing daytime shinny hockey (no formal teams) this summer.
- While the big boys get the five-ring spotlight in Utah, the lads who didn't get a call to national service only can get up a game of shinny.
Variant of shinty.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda