1US & Australian /NZ A banknote or promissory note regarded as having little or no value: ‘didn’t they tell you we don’t take no shinplasters here?’
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bit of harbour shinplaster that Monrova had left over from his purchase was used to stock the galley with fruits and vegetables and cooking supplies and vodka.
- This promise was printed prominently on the face of shinplasters to inspire trust and acceptance.
- It is ‘faith’ and ‘law,’ which give the shinplasters of today, purchasing power.
2Canadian A twenty-five cent bill.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You will hear of short snorters, the reason we had shinplasters, the note that started the collection, the $1 bills given by a grandmother every Christmas, and other exciting tales.
- ‘The time has come for the penny to go the way of the shinplaster,’ the MP said.
So named because of the resemblance to a square piece of paper soaked in vinegar and used to bandage the shin.
Definición de shinplaster en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda