Definición de ship's husband en inglés:
An agent responsible for providing maintenance and supplies for a ship in port.
- The firm was also the ship's husband, and as such they made advances for repairs and expenses.
- Manifestly shrewd and inventive in the volatile mercantile rivalry of the Pacific, Lucas, after a period as ship's husband, returned to Sydney in 1901 as Burns Philp's island manager.
- She was worth $70,000, and her business as ship's husbands was from $2,000 to $4,000 per year.
ship's husbandry sustantivo
- Example sentences
- The cup is presented for overall efficiency, for operational efficiency, for ship's husbandry, for seamanship, for training levels, for supply and for resourcefulness.
- The ship's husbandry agent will liaise and assist the master in fulfilling all his obligations.
- But ship's husbandry is our specialty; it's what we're known for and the most important service we provide.
Definición de ship's husband en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan