1A variety of black wine grape.
- He got a yield of six tonnes from the Cabernet and Shiraz variety of wine grapes he cultivated on two acres.
- Full throttle Shiraz and robust Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are inoculated with yeast and made into sparkling wines with unbelievable character and finesse.
- At present, 13 hectares are planted to Chardonnay while the neighbouring property, Nooitgedacht, was purchased recently and planted with Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
1.1A red wine made from the Shiraz grape.
- Made from Shiraz and a dash of old vintage Aussie ports.
- Vintage Shiraz fruit flavours overwhelm the palate with layers of plum and bitter dark chocolate giving the wine a savoury richness.
- Fifteen wineries produce mainly Chardonnay, Sémillon, Shiraz, and Cabernet Sauvignon of relatively modest quality, relying almost entirely on the passing tourist trade.