Definición de shirtwaist en inglés:
1A woman’s blouse resembling a shirt.
- Her shirtwaist and flowing skirt, easy to manufacture and appropriate to different classes, resembled a man's suit.
- Her shirtwaist style top was a mint green, the soft pastel bringing out her eyes as she slipped on a simple brown skirt, finishing the ensemble with a fine leather belt.
1.1 (also shirtwaist dress) another term for shirtwaister.
- For the doctor visit, Mother wears plastic Shasta daisies clipped to her small ears and her shirtwaist dress is sky-blue like her eyes and eye shadow.
- Choose jackets, tailored suits and shirtwaist dresses with straight, classic cuts.
- She appeared in a stiff shirtwaist, her soft hair piled into a chignon, topped by a big plumed hat.
Definición de shirtwaist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary