- 1 • informal A small or inadequate budget: many early studies were done on a shoestring [as modifier]: a shoestring budgetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most B&B owners aren't millionaires, we run our budget on a shoestring so this is desperate for us.
- Having proven his ability to operate successfully on a shoestring budget he is regarded as a prime candidate to return to the cash-strapped club he served for many years.
- With only $24 million at her disposal, less than 2% of the UN's budget, she is operating on a shoestring and facing problems that would have daunted Sisyphus.
- 2North American A shoelace.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My fingers stumble a little as I knot the shoestring into a bow, like dancers in an unfamiliar routine.
- Several of the drawings were laced together with shoestrings in primitive book form.
- He ties rope, old shoestring, clothes hangers around his waist to keep his pants up.
adjetivoNorth American Volver al principio
- (Of a save or tackle in sport) near or around the ankles or feet, or just above the ground: the Mets center fielder made a shoestring catch a shoestring tackleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Over 600 individual animations are in the game, allowing everything from shoestring catches to wrap tackles.
- But Hansen got back onto his feet in the blink of an eye, somehow got downfield, and dove to make a game-saving, shoestring tackle at the seven-yard line.
- Not a shoestring tackle - I'm talking pads on pads.
Más definiciones de shoestringDefinición de shoestring en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.