- 1The action or practice of shooting: the unprovoked shooting of civilians by soldiers [count noun]: 20,000 fatal shootings a yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The live firing practices included rapid-fire shoots enabling reconnaissance members to practice accurate instinctive shooting.
- You've been practicing your shooting in here again, haven't you?
- And with that he walked away through the crowd that had gathered to practice their shooting.
- 1.1The sport or pastime of shooting with a gun.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The inaugural games of the modern Olympics, held in Athens in 1896, included shooting, and the sport has been part of the Commonwealth Games since 1966.
- Gary added: ‘The air weapons section is growing and we hope to be a competitive force in the sport of shooting.’
- Weightlifting and even sports such as fencing and shooting may also have cause for concern.
- 1.2The right of shooting game over an area of land.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There also is fishing available in local lochs, and stalking or grouse shooting on neighbouring estates.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1Moving or growing quickly: shooting beams of light played over the seaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Kiki was still out there even though it had grown dark, shooting skyrockets zipped and exploded into myriad colors in the night dark sky.
- Her face hit the wall and he spun her around and slammed her into it - her head exploding into a thousand shooting lights.
- 1.1(Of a pain) sudden and piercing: I often feel a shooting pain at the end of my left armMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When I turned 28, I started suffering from sharp, shooting pains in my knees.
- They also help control the type of stabbing or shooting pain sometimes caused by nerve damage.
- He has also had to endure shooting pains in different parts of his body, abdominal discomfort, nausea and some irregular heartbeats.
the whole shooting match
- • informal Everything: the whole shooting match is being computerizedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On some farms, he notes, ‘the cost of quota exceeds the cost of land, animals, equipment - the whole shooting match.’
- A round of applause for Melissa please, for behind every successful man is an intelligent woman orchestrating the whole shooting match.
- Not only my department, but the whole shooting match will cease to exist at the end of the year.
Más definiciones de shootingDefinición de shooting en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.