- 1A small, rapidly moving meteor burning up on entering the earth’s atmosphere.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tiny meteors, commonly called shooting stars, hit the earth's atmosphere and turn into fiery streaks.
- It was not a satellite, meteor or shooting star.
- That's much larger than the dust grains that vaporize in the atmosphere to form most shooting stars, or meteors, but not large enough to crater Earth's crust.
- 2A North American plant with white, pink, or purple hanging flowers with backward-curving petals. The flowers are carried above the leaves on slender stems and turn to face up following fertilization.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Dodecatheon, family Primulaceae
- At this time of year, hikers can be on the alert for early buttercups, shooting stars in the foothills and moss phlox.
- In the muskegs - the sponge-like bogs that ring the old-growth forest - shooting stars are in bloom, their purple blossoms dotting a lime-green carpet of sphagnum moss.
- Near the trail, there are shooting stars under the trees, and Indian paintbrush is visible between rocks.
Más definiciones de shooting starDefinición de shooting star en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.