Definición de shop en inglés:
- Pet shops and supermarkets sell a huge variety of flea dips and shampoos for your pet.
- The goods sold in these shops are a wide variety of household goods and furniture.
- She designs framing for art and sells it to retail shops and furniture stores.
- At the rate I was going the fridge would be sitting unused for 3 days and the weekly shop had to be done.
- What do you do with all the cartons and papers that follow a weekly shop?
- The people of Churchill Flats appealed for an access bus to be provided to take them to Morrisons for a weekly shop.
- Lux Studios's space is a former gas station and auto repair shop with all new interiors by FTF Design Studio.
- Without a serial number, a watch cannot be serviced or repaired by an authorized repair shop or the manufacturer.
- Friends Khaled and Said work together in a small auto repair shop.
- He worked with the power supply vendor and machine shop to get the power supply modified for water cooling.
- Our small machine shop has found it cheaper to import some products from overseas than to build them in-house.
- Patent laws restrict what we may do with the raw materials we buy and seek to transform into products in our factories or machine shops.
verbo (shops, shopping, shopped)Volver al principio
- When we go shopping we have to pick up some stuff the decorator requested.
- Go shopping and pick out the stuff you like at any store, then wait a few weeks and go back to get it when it's sitting on the sale rack.
- If one pair gives you blisters go shopping and pick up a new pair.
- The trick is to book as far in advance as possible and shop around for the best rates.
- It is important to shop around and compare prices before you swoop in on the ideal gadget.
- Before starting to make extra payments, shop around to find the best possible rate.
- Police are encouraging the public to use the drugs hotline and shop a dealer.
- Even off the record he was unprepared to shop a man who, we both knew, was making his life very difficult at that time.
- School children in Cleckheaton are being urged to shop drug dealers to a confidential helpline.
- If it's not shopped, the photo was likely taken the next day.
- Much of what she aspires to is not "out of the camera" but had been shopped a little.
- Though it looks ‘shopped, the picture is genuine.
Middle English: shortening of Old French eschoppe 'lean-to booth', of West Germanic origin; related to German Schopf 'porch' and English dialect shippon 'cattle shed'. The verb is first recorded (mid 16th century) in the sense 'imprison' (from an obsolete slang use of the noun for 'prison'), hence sense 2 of the verb.
all over the shop
- see all.
set up shop
- Establish oneself in a business: he set up shop as a hairdresser in SohoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The charity survived a number of shop fires but these troubles made them stronger to set up shop again and again.
- After the job finished, I decided to shut down my business in Canada and set up shop in North Carolina.
- The hope is that, in time, small businesses will set up shop there.
shut up shop
- Cease trading.Example sentences
- Sharon Hudson, who runs furniture shop The Town House in Micklegate, said she was shutting up shop at lunchtime.
- Corus can make more money by shutting up shop and moving abroad.
- He is even considering shutting up shop while the work is on because no one - except for hungry roadworkers - will be able to get to him.
- informal 3.1 Cease doing something: flowers that come in one great burst, then shut up shop for the rest of the yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Britain in Europe campaign is shutting up shop, firing its regional directors.
- A meeting was held and we came very close to shutting up shop.
- So why is horse racing simply waiting for things to get worse - and awaiting official instructions - rather than shutting up shop?
- Discuss matters concerning one’s work, especially at a social occasion when this is inappropriate: he and his fellow workers would incessantly talk shop in the village pubMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We talked shop for a few minutes before she got in a call to her people and sorted out the limo situation.
- Wright and Goldschmidt were known to be on good terms and undoubtedly talked shop often.
- We talked shop with Larry Hughes for a minute.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.