- 1A method of rapid writing by means of abbreviations and symbols, used especially for taking dictation. The major systems of shorthand currently in use are those devised in 1837 by Sir Isaac Pitman and (in the US) in 1888 by John R. Gregg (1867–1948): he took notes in shorthand [as modifier]: a shorthand typistMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These notes are almost entirely written in Aramaic in a form of shorthand abbreviations.
- He even went to great lengths to conceal his work by writing in cryptic shorthand or writing backwards.
- Well I guess they do have some shorthand or abbreviations but then, how do they remember them all?
- 1.1 [in singular] A short and simple way of expressing or referring to something: poetry for him is simply a shorthand for literature that has aesthetic valueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Have we adopted a convenient shorthand for a longer and more complete description of the object?
- It doesn't often happen but when it does, the slogan provides a shorthand for the entire campaign.
- The name Tony Soprano replaced Michael Corleone as shorthand for thug-like tactics.
Más definiciones de shorthandDefinición de shorthand en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.