Definición de showdown en inglés:
1A final test or confrontation intended to settle a dispute: he and his government were lurching towards an angry showdown with their critics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even the final showdown with the Green Goblin is premised as an ethical problem.
- The family had to take part in four games and a final showdown with the Herdman family from Powys.
- David Beckham is already dreaming of a World Cup final showdown with his Old Trafford pal Juan Sebastian Veron.
2(In poker or brag) the requirement at the end of a round that the players who remain in should show their cards to determine which is the strongest hand.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In a showdown, the winner will take the pot consisting of the small antes and the bets.
- There is no concept of equalising the bets, and a showdown is not possible with more than two players.
- Maybe you actually have the best hand and would win in a showdown right now.
Palabras que riman con showdowngodown, hoedown, slowdown
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda