Definición de showdown en inglés:
1A final test or confrontation intended to settle a dispute: he and his government were lurching towards an angry showdown with their critics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even the final showdown with the Green Goblin is premised as an ethical problem.
- The family had to take part in four games and a final showdown with the Herdman family from Powys.
- David Beckham is already dreaming of a World Cup final showdown with his Old Trafford pal Juan Sebastian Veron.
2(In poker or brag) the requirement at the end of a round that the players who remain in should show their cards to determine which is the strongest hand.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In a showdown, the winner will take the pot consisting of the small antes and the bets.
- There is no concept of equalising the bets, and a showdown is not possible with more than two players.
- Maybe you actually have the best hand and would win in a showdown right now.
Palabras que riman con showdowngodown, hoedown, slowdown
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán