sustantivo (plural igual or shrimps)
- 1A small free-swimming crustacean with an elongated body, typically marine and frequently of commercial importance as food.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pandalus, Crangon, and other genera, order Decapoda
- While blue whales may occasionally feed on pelagic crabs and small fishes, their diet is almost exclusively euphausiid shrimps commonly called krill.
- Eumalacostraca is the group that contains most of the animals the general public recognize as crustaceans, such as shrimp, crabs, lobsters.
- The trip north is slow for the cow-calf pair because of stops for nursing and the occasional meal of mysid shrimp or other food encountered.
- 1.1 • informal , • derogatory A small, physically weak person: I can handle a shrimp like him any timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Are you sure you want to hang out with that shrimp?
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Fish for shrimps: (as modifier shrimping) a shrimping netMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's fascinating to me that a man would move from Harvard Business School to shrimping to biotech.
- There was dinghy sailing on the Camel Estuary, shrimping at low tide near Padstow, dune-jumping at Rock, surfing on Polzeath beach, surfing anywhere.
- They watch porno films, sing old ‘revolutionary’ songs, and go shrimping in a shallow pond.
Middle English: probably related to Middle Low German schrempen 'to wrinkle', Middle High German schrimpfen 'to contract', also to scrimp.
Más definiciones de shrimpDefinición de shrimp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.