Definición de shrivel en inglés:
verbo (shrivels, shrivelling, shrivelled; US shrivels, shriveling, shriveled)
- Like Bhikhu's right arm, this man's leg was shrivelled up.
- Jillian felt the covers being ripped off of her and she shriveled up due to the loss of warmth.
- Monday night the trend continued and I was cooked for again, after we had lounged about in the Turkish baths for a good long while, until we were so shrivelled up we looked like dead people.
- As biodiversity shrivels, we lose a vast store of information and potential cures.
- She smiled, pretending to be as confident as Tiffany, but inside she was shriveling.
- I'll just wither and wane under all that pressure and shrivel up inside until I'm microscopic.
shrink from Old English:
Old English scrincan, of Germanic origin, is related to Swedish skrynka ‘to wrinkle’. The sense ‘draw back’ in an action of recoiling in abhorrence or timidity dates from the early 16th century. Shrivel (mid 16th century) comes from a related Scandinavian word. In the informal sense ‘a psychiatrist’ shrink is a shortening of headshrinker. The longer form appeared in print in 1950, and shrink itself in 1966. A headshrinker was originally a head-hunter who preserved and shrank human heads.
Palabras que riman con shrivelcivil, drivel, snivel, swivel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.