Definición de shutter en inglés:
1Each of a pair of hinged panels fixed inside or outside a window that can be closed for security or privacy or to keep out the light: he threw open the shutters to let in air and light painted wooden shutters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A pair of windows with wooden shutters allows for a good deal of incoming light.
- It appears that a thief, described as a drunk male wearing a combat jacket, used a crowbar to prise open the security shutter before smashing the window.
- There were two doors, both seemingly exiting to the outside, and two windows that were covered on the inside by primitive wooden shutters.
2 Photography A device that opens and closes to expose the film in a camera.
- In order to prevent the image from being blurry, Cassini actually had to rotate while the camera shutter was open in order to maintain her pointing at Phoebe.
- When the shutter of your camera opens for that fraction of a second, photons of light stream in and strike the silver halide grains suspended in the gelatin emulsion.
- The camera shutter was open for 8 m sec per frame to avoid motion blur of the particles.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
1Close the shutters of (a window or building): the windows were shuttered against the afternoon heat (as adjective shuttered) barred and shuttered shops
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the shops are shuttered, all the windows closed.
- Restaurants, hotels and even bars closed their doors and shuttered their windows.
- Close the doors, shutter the windows, send them all home.
put up the shutters
- British (Of a business) cease trading for the day or permanently: the village Post Office put up the shutters for the last timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Others, however, are putting up the shutters - ten per cent of private-sector final salary schemes closed to new members in the past 12 months.
- We have to adapt to these economic developments, not by putting up the shutters, but by managing, controlling and selecting.
- Siddique even found the time to wink for the Telegraph & Argus during a clinch as Nesbitt put up the shutters once again.
- Example sentences
- She wrapped the blankets more tightly around herself, staring morosely out the open, shutterless window of the hayloft where she slept.
- The streaks below Polaris in these images are due to the fact that the camera is shutterless.
- Consists of new software features and ease-of-use improvements as well as a new shutterless, high-performance camera, which provides increased sensitivity and reliability