Definición de shutter en inglés:
1Each of a pair of hinged panels fixed inside or outside a window that can be closed for security or privacy or to keep out the light: he threw open the shutters to let in air and light painted wooden shutters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A pair of windows with wooden shutters allows for a good deal of incoming light.
- It appears that a thief, described as a drunk male wearing a combat jacket, used a crowbar to prise open the security shutter before smashing the window.
- There were two doors, both seemingly exiting to the outside, and two windows that were covered on the inside by primitive wooden shutters.
2 Photography A device that opens and closes to expose the film in a camera.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In order to prevent the image from being blurry, Cassini actually had to rotate while the camera shutter was open in order to maintain her pointing at Phoebe.
- When the shutter of your camera opens for that fraction of a second, photons of light stream in and strike the silver halide grains suspended in the gelatin emulsion.
- The camera shutter was open for 8 m sec per frame to avoid motion blur of the particles.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
1Close the shutters of (a window or building): the windows were shuttered against the afternoon heat (as adjective shuttered) barred and shuttered shops
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All the shops are shuttered, all the windows closed.
- Restaurants, hotels and even bars closed their doors and shuttered their windows.
- Close the doors, shutter the windows, send them all home.
- 1put up the shutters
- British (Of a business) cease trading for the day or permanently: the village Post Office put up the shutters for the last timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Others, however, are putting up the shutters - ten per cent of private-sector final salary schemes closed to new members in the past 12 months.
- We have to adapt to these economic developments, not by putting up the shutters, but by managing, controlling and selecting.
- Siddique even found the time to wink for the Telegraph & Argus during a clinch as Nesbitt put up the shutters once again.
- 1shutterless adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She wrapped the blankets more tightly around herself, staring morosely out the open, shutterless window of the hayloft where she slept.
- The streaks below Polaris in these images are due to the fact that the camera is shutterless.
- Consists of new software features and ease-of-use improvements as well as a new shutterless, high-performance camera, which provides increased sensitivity and reliability
Palabras que riman con shutterabutter, aflutter, butter, Calcutta, clutter, constructor, cutter, declutter, flutter, gutter, mutter, nutter, scutter, splutter, sputter, strutter, stutter, utter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda