- 1A woman in ancient times who was thought to utter the prophecies of a god.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Looking on are the prophets and sibyls, the mysterious seers of man's tragedy.
- They inquire of ancient apocalyptic books and oracles, of sibyls and divines, who remembered the future and predicted it in the past: an exercise in retroactive foresight.
- Droitture explains that her first stones are the sibyls and female prophets; as exemplars of prudent wisdom and fore - sight, they demonstrate that God has entrusted his secrets to faithful and devoted women.
from Old French Sibile or medieval Latin Sibilla, via Latin from Greek Sibulla.
Más definiciones de sibylDefinición de sibyl en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.