- A small drum in the form of a short cylinder with a membrane at each end, the upper one being struck with hard sticks and the lower one often fitted with rattling cords or wires (snares).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The snare drum of the set resembles the side drum of the symphony orchestra - both drums derive from the medieval tabor.
- The earliest of the pieces, the Quartet of 1924, boasts an odd scoring - the inclusion of the side drum - but the music itself sounds like the most natural thing in the world.
- I used to play the side drum in a bagpipe marching band.
late 18th century: so named because it was originally played suspended from the drummer's side.
Más definiciones de side drumDefinición de side drum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.