A freshwater turtle with a relatively long head and neck that is retracted sideways into the shell for defence.
- Suborder Pleurodira: families Chelidae (South America and Australasia) and Pelomedusidae (South America and southern Africa), and several genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The carapace of this appealing side-necked turtle is a medium to charcoal gray color with no design.
- This turtle is a side-necked turtle, as are all turtle species of New Guinea and Australia.
- The 70 or so species of side-necked turtles bend their necks sideways and tuck their heads in under the front edge of the upper shell.
Definición de side-necked turtle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.