1A small show or stall at an exhibition, fair, or circus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The rest of the showground will be packed with funfair rides, sideshows and food stalls, with a live band and bar area.
- Visitors said they enjoyed the event, and although numbers thinned quickly later in the afternoon, crowds turned up to enjoy the stalls, sideshows, fairground rides and the main acts in the arena.
- There will also be stalls, sideshows, fairground rides, new and vintage car shows and helicopter and balloon trips, and the Cornish Pavilion will showcase products from the county.
1.1A minor or diverting incident or issue, especially one which distracts attention from something more important: asylum seeking in the west is a damaging and distracting sideshow
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My personal opinion is that the whole issue's just a sideshow from what's really important.
- The media, of course, treats these incidents as an amusing sideshow, a bit of spice in an otherwise bland political soup.
- They would do well not to celebrate what may be a minor sideshow while preparations for the main event continue.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: side|show
Definición de sideshow en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda