verbo (sidesteps, sidestepping, sidestepped)[with object]
- 1Avoid (someone or something) by stepping sideways: he sidestepped a defender and crossed the ballMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Apparently not,’ he said, sidestepping her and walking past her.
- He waved his hand impatiently as he quickly sidestepped the waterfall and walked briskly down the shaded stone path.
- I run down Courtenay Place, sidestepping someone as I swerve at speed onto Taranaki Street, passing the doctor's and the florist and leaping across the road beside the bookstore.
- 1.1Avoid dealing with or discussing (something problematic or disagreeable): he neatly sidestepped the questions about riotsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And getting together for tea neatly sidesteps the tricky business-lunch question of whether it's appropriate to drink.
- Her questions had been neatly sidestepped and deflected.
- Despite its potential to broach the complex issue of integration to a mainstream audience, Radio manages to neatly sidestep all of the problems that typically plague students with disabilities.
- 1.2 [no object] Skiing Climb or descend by lifting alternate skis while facing sideways on the slope: we learned how to sidestep up the slope and slide cautiously downMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Everybody, even our best skiers, cautiously sidestepped down the first narrow pitch, then made cautious traverses and kick turns.
- As skiers did prior to machine grooming, we sidestepped and herringboned uphill to pack down the powder and skied down several times.
- If it's short, you can sidestep down the slope: face across the hill and step sideways down.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A step taken sideways, typically to avoid someone or something: a boxercise workout that incorporates an intricate combination of sidesteps with left and right hooksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With a parry and a sidestep, he deftly avoided the deadly club.
- Mike pushed his way through the crowd, dekeing out the gawking barricades with daring sidesteps and inexpert but effective shoulder-blocks.
- It's two steps forward, one step backward, and then a sidestep.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fortunately the sidesteppers, the bullfighters, didn't have any swords, so the bulls tended to win that day, which was great to see.
- These creatures include the turtle-like shell creepers, crab-like sidesteppers, hopping fighterflies, and so on.
- The Kettler Side Stepper is a compact but effective piece of equipment to help you increase your heart rate, at the same time strengthening your leg and thigh muscles.