- An elongated cell in the phloem of a vascular plant, in which the primary wall is perforated by pores through which water is conducted.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On reaching individual sieve elements of the phloem the terminal hyphae cells differentiate into ‘absorbing hyphae’ which produce finger-like protrusions that surround the sieve element.
- In fact, in several species, sucrose transporters have been identified as essential for phloem loading into sieve elements, the phloem-specific photoassimilate-transporting cells.
- Little is known about the genetic control of cell type identity leading to the differentiation of vessels, fibres, axial parenchyma cells, sieve elements, or companion cells.
Más definiciones de sieve elementDefinición de sieve element en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.