Pleasing to the eye: metal guards can also be used but are less sightly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Old railway sleepers have been laid along substantial stretches of the path to Coire Ardair: perhaps not the most sightly solution to the problem, but it has been successful in allowing vegetation on either side to regenerate.
- A lighted Christmas crib, the hand-craft of John Earley, was donated to the town and positioned in Main Street opposite Mooney's Lounge, and it creates a sightly scene.
- Veneers might offer a quick-fix Hollywood grin, but braces are making a comeback as technological advances make them more sightly - and more effective.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Residential areas are becoming increasingly saturated with the towers, often over the protests of neighbors concerned about sightliness and safety.
- The same cause renders the joints of the brickwork too large for sightliness, but the result so far as strength is concerned is very satisfactory.
- As seen from the roadside, color and neatness are probably the two most important factors in visual sightliness, Strobel says.
Palabras que riman con sightlyknightly, nightly, sprightly
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sight¦ly
Definición de sightly en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda