Definición de sigma en inglés:
1The eighteenth letter of the Greek alphabet (Σ, σ), transliterated as ‘s’.
- The form ς is used instead of σ at the end of a word. The uncial form, resembling the letter c, is also sometimes used
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He coined this latter term and employed the Greek letter lower case sigma to denote its population parameter.
- Alpha, rho, tau, sigma, omega, Ash went over the letters he saw in his mind while Lari just stared, apparently in her own little world.
- Finally, even if epsilon is the correct reading, in the letter space to its right, where Meritt read part of an iota, are traces of what appears to be a sigma.
1.2 Chemistry & Physics Relating to or denoting an electron or orbital with zero angular momentum about an internuclear axis: the σ orbital is localized symmetrically
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These conical intersections are fundamentally different from the ‘H-vinyl’ structures found in simple alkenes because they involve the interaction of four sigma electrons, as opposed to two pi electrons and two sigma electrons.
- The sigma bond occupies the internuclear space, and the two pi bonds are at 90° angles to each other surrounding the carbon-carbon internuclear space.
- The triple bond is composed of one sigma bond from overlap of sp hybrid orbitals, and two pi bonds, from overlap of two sets of p orbitals.
símboloVolver al principio
1.1 (σ) Standard deviation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia