- 1Curved like the uncial sigma; crescent-shaped.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To isolate deviations from typical tree growth, we developed a model based on the amount of shoot elongation, which over equal time intervals approximates a sigmoid curve.
- The growth curve of the fruit of Marisol clementine fitted a single sigmoid curve well.
- Usually, a time course of plant growth follows a sigmoid curve, which can be described by a logistic function.
- 2S-shaped.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- First, the cumulative adoption of an innovation over time follows an S-shaped or sigmoid curve.
- ‘The river flows in long sigmoid Curves,’ he wrote, ‘through an alluvial valley of no great width.’
- A series of unsuccessful attempts at scheduling surgery for her sigmoid colectomy followed because of complications with her neutrophil count and hospitalization for new onset atrial fibrillation.
sustantivoAnatomy Volver al principio
- short for sigmoid colon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sigmoid may lie in the abdomen just inferior to the splenic flexure of the transverse colon, or in the right iliac fossa.
- Although sigmoid volvulus can resolve spontaneously, nonoperative management begins with fluid resuscitation and antibiotics, followed by barium enema detorsion of the sigmoid.
- The most frequently involved site is the sigmoid.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A blood sample drawn at presentation was examined; unlike all other specimens studied, there was a sigmoidal increase at 550 nm, but not at 610 or 700 nm.
- The majority of the curves display a simple sigmoidal pH dependence; however, several residues exhibit more complex shapes.
- On the other hand, the curve describing the aggregation equilibrium in the membrane shows that aggregation in this phase is much less favored as compared to water and exhibits a marked sigmoidal shape.
late 17th century: from Greek sigmoeidēs, from sigma (see sigma).
Más definiciones de sigmoidDefinición de sigmoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.