sustantivo (plural signalmen)
- 1A railway worker responsible for operating signals and points.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps the only trades which are exclusive to railways in their nomenclature are platelayers, shunters and signalmen.
- Railway shunters, pointsmen, signalmen and yardmasters began an indefinite strike at midnight on August 5, demanding the immediate settlement of salary anomalies.
- You could see the local signal box with the signalman busy in it.
- 1.1A person responsible for sending and receiving naval or military signals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr Cammish started out at sea as a junior signalman in the Royal Navy in 1949 and after eight years travelling the world, he joined the Coastguard in 1957.
- Combat experience made signalmen constantly adjust their views on how to develop the communications system.
- Since the flight medic will first be lowered to the ground to continue treatment of the casualty, he becomes the primary signalman for the hoist.
Más definiciones de signalmanDefinición de signalman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.