- 1A salt in which the anion contains both silicon and oxygen, especially one of the anion SiO42−.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most significant user is the glass industry, which uses sodium carbonate to decompose silicates for glass making.
- By sharing two oxygen atoms, silicates can form either cyclic or chain structures.
- Silicon is the second most abundant element in the Earth's crust, since most common rocks have crystalline frameworks made from silicon and oxygen: they are silicates.
- 1.1Any of the many minerals consisting of silica combined with metal oxides, forming a major component of the rocks of the earth’s crust.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Montmorillonite is a swelling clay formed from the degradation of silicates such as feldspars, volcanic minerals, chlorite and illite, and is commonly found in alkaline soils today.
- Instead, silica is found in polymerized combinations with metals as silicates embedded in geologic rock formations, such as quartz.
- Those plants obtain various minerals and silicates from earth in their bodies during growth process.
Más definiciones de silicateDefinición de silicate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.