Definición de silver leaf en inglés:
1A fungal disease of ornamental and fruit trees, especially plum trees, resulting in silvery discoloration of the leaves.
- The fungus is Chondrostereum purpureum, family Stereaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- If plum trees are pruned at the wrong time of year, they are often attacked by silver leaf, a serious fungal disease.
- We think your flowering cherry trees may have silver leaf fungus disease.
2Silver that has been beaten into a very thin sheet, suitable for applying to surfaces as a decoration: a layer of silver leaf gives it a metallic sheen
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A chart was done of how the sky would look at the dawn of the millennium, and I had to recreate the scene in gold and silver leaf.
- Some graphics become unique multi-media works with the addition of collage elements - paper or items glued onto the face of the print - or the addition of gold or silver leaf.
- Many of his current paintings feature hand-worked gold and silver leaf, gold porcelain or appliqué from other media such as sheet music and fabric.
Definición de silver leaf en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan