Definición de silver leaf en inglés:
1A fungal disease of ornamental and fruit trees, especially plum trees, resulting in silvery discoloration of the leaves.
- The fungus is Chondrostereum purpureum, family Stereaceae, class Hymenomycetes
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If plum trees are pruned at the wrong time of year, they are often attacked by silver leaf, a serious fungal disease.
- We think your flowering cherry trees may have silver leaf fungus disease.
2Silver that has been beaten into a very thin sheet, suitable for applying to surfaces as a decoration: a layer of silver leaf gives it a metallic sheen
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A chart was done of how the sky would look at the dawn of the millennium, and I had to recreate the scene in gold and silver leaf.
- Some graphics become unique multi-media works with the addition of collage elements - paper or items glued onto the face of the print - or the addition of gold or silver leaf.
- Many of his current paintings feature hand-worked gold and silver leaf, gold porcelain or appliqué from other media such as sheet music and fabric.
Definición de silver leaf en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda