A Hawaiian plant of the daisy family, which has long, narrow leaves with silvery hairs and clusters of purplish flowers.
- Genus Argyroxiphium, family Compositae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the many endangered plant species in the Hawaiian Islands, silverswords have the highest profile due to their radiant beauty and the severity of the threats confronting them.
- The cooperative efforts for the recovery of the Hawaiian silversword, as described in volumes 13, 23, and 25 of the Endangered Species Bulletin, are exactly what are needed for the numerous other endangered Hawaiian plants.
- The major threat to the recovery of silverswords (and many other endangered plant species in Hawaii) continues to be alien ungulates.
Definición de silversword en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.