A video game that simulates an activity such as flying an aircraft or playing a sport: [with modifier]: a flight sim
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are also quite a few flight sims that simulate modern or historic aircraft.
- The core gameplay concept is team action strategy, a three-tier model that combines aspects of action space sims, tactical naval sims, and RTS games.
- But I honestly don't see myself getting excited by sports sims.
Late 20th century: abbreviation of simulation (see simulate).
(also SIM card)
A smart card inside a mobile phone, carrying an identification number unique to the owner, storing personal data, and preventing operation if removed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When a phone is stolen, the owner's account-details of which are stored on the SIM card slotted into the phone-is frozen.
- Pitchford said she had the ‘shock of her life’ when one of the youths asked her to remove her SIM card and hand over her cellphone.
- Many carriers use the SIM card (subscriber identity module) or smart card.
1980s: acronym from subscriber identification module.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda