Definición de similar en inglés:
- I think we can expect to hear words very similar to those when the defence sums up its case.
- Even sinkholes similar to the one last summer have been around since the 18th Century.
- Spawning takes place between October and December, and is very similar to that of the brown trout.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- The law of similars describes how a homeopathic drug is chosen based on its ability, in gross crude form, to produce the symptoms similar to that of a specific disease.
- Yet despite having demonstrated that the law of similars has not generally been applied to the use of mild herbal substances, one question still remains.
- Different from herbal remedies, Oscillococcinum is a homeopathic preparation created according to the ‘law of similars,’ which basically states that like will cure like.
This was also originally a term in anatomy meaning ‘homogeneous’. It comes from Latin similis ‘like’. The literary device simile for drawing comparisons (Late Middle English) is from the same source; as are simulate (mid 17th century), resemble (Middle English), and semblance (Middle English).
Words that rhyme with similarverisimilar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.